Many people don’t know about How to Use Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3G mobile phones and Dongle. Clear explanation available here to know How to Use Jio Sim in 3G mobiles and Dongles. Reliance Jio will provide 4G services on a pan-India level using LTE technology. Reliance Jio is a 4G only service & to use it you must have a 4G supported smartphone with you. The people who are using 3G smartphones need not to disappointed. For the sake of you people, In this article, I have listed all the possible ways to use Reliance Jio SIM in 3G Smart Phones. If you are struggling to use the Reliance Jio SIM on your 3G phone, this article helps you a lot. Click here for use your Jio 4G Sim in Tv or Windows PC.
How to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in a 3G Mobile
There is a Possibility for Using Jio Sim in 3G mobiles. Qualcomm Chipsets mobiles and Mediatek Chipsets mobiles are supports the Jio Sim in 3G mobile. So First of all check out Your Chip set of your Mobile.
Jio 4G SIM in 3G Mobile – Qualcomm Chipsets
- Download Shortcut Master (Lite) App From App Store.
- Install the app & Open It.
- Click on Menu (vertical Three Dots on top right side)
- Now Go To Menu then Search for “Service Menu” Or ” Engineering Mode “
- Then Select “System App” Option For Deep Search. If Found then open it and access to change LTE Bands If that doesn’t work,
- Once You Got the Engineering Mode , Open It and Select Change LTE Bands.
- If the above Doesn’t Work Then Dial *#2263# then Select Menu And Click Back Again Then Select Menu.
- Then Go To Key Input And Enter “0000” without quotes, Then Wait For Couple Of Seconds ,after that You Will Get Popup.
- Select UE Settings From that Popup, after that Select setting>protocol>NAS>Network Control>Band Selection>LTE Band> The Select “Band 40”.
- That’s it. Now you can Insert Jio SIM & Check Whether You Are Getting Signals Or Not.
- Restart the Device and Place it in First SIM Slot.
Jio 4G SIM in 3G Mobile – Mediatek Chipsets
- irst Download CPU-Z app from Playstore.
- Install and open this app.
- Wait while it retrieves your device information.
- Within few seconds you will see all your device information on the screen.
- If your device is using Mediatek Chipset then it will reflect with the Logo of Mediatek Chipset on the screen.
Suggestion: You need to activate your SIM before going to do this process, if your jio SIM isn’t activated then check out the process from this article.
- First Download & Install MTK Engineering Mode app (Play Store) in your 3G mobile device.
- This Application will allow you to run an advanced Setup from the Engineering Mode Menu of MTK phones, which is also called SERVICE MODE.
Note: Use this secret menu very carefully. In case if you don’t know on what you are doing then just stop it or don’t do it!!
- Open the installed app, or dail your mobile device specific code for Engineering Mode
- Click on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option.
- Now you can Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as network mode and you can save it and turn it off and on your mobile device.
- Once you done the above steps, Shutdown the device.
- Insert your Reliance Jio 4G sim in 1st Slot and keep the 2nd Slot empty.
- Switch on the device and then you will see jio sim network.
Within 10 minutes you will now get the Jio Network but you will not get the 4G speed still you will get 3G speed. Which is also better.
Reliance Jio 4G Sim in Dongle
- Insert the pre activated Jio SIM Card in Your Dongle!
- The initial step of this process is to get your SIM card to be inserted in any dongle whether it be Airtel/ Huawei or any other dongle which has support for 4G/3G.
- Connect your dongle to your PC or Laptop and wait for the connection to establish.
Once after connecting your dongle, wait for a notification to occur. If that doesn’t happen, just go to your dongle settings. If you’re using Windows 8 and above, then you need to head over to the notification panel and set the APN settings as follows.
Access Point Name: Jionet
Set The APN
This can be done in multiple ways, some modems set manual APN so I first recommend you to check any webpage. If you got the internet connection, then there is no need to do anything. So if you didn’t got the internet follow this process. There are two ways which you can set-up APN you can follow any method.
- On the Notification bar right click on modem network connection. Then visit properties
Method 2: This can be done on the modem window.
- Right click anywhere in your modem and choose setting preferences.
- Once after setting the access point name, leave all the columns empty and click on ok.
- Some Dongles Will Automatically Choose the APN Do make a note that, some dongles will automatically choose the APN.
- However, we recommend you to check the internet connection by opening your browser. If it doesn’t load any web page, then you have the set the APN manually.
- Voila! You’re Using Jio 4G with a Dongle If all goes well, you will be connected to the internet and will be able to use the Reliance Jio 4G on your laptop or PC with the help of a dongle
If you face any issues, reboot your system and try again.
So 3G mobile users no worry about to Using Jio 4G Sim in 3G mobile or a Dongle. Check out Your Mobile chip set and follow the above Instructions enjoy the Jio 4G sim in your 3G mobile or Dongle.